Want to comment on a Globe & Mail article? Here are some quick steps to success:
1. Get really angry. It doesn’t matter what the article’s about. Even chicken can be controversial if you set your mind to it.
2. Throw race in there. Even chicken can be racist if you set your mind to it.
3. Decide that someone else is being too angry.
4. Decide that someone else is being too racist.
5. Decide that, generally, you are smarter than everyone else, and it’s your burdensome duty to moderate the entire discussion.
6. Don’t like the topic? That’s ok! write on a topic of your choice.
7. Even chicken can have a conspiracy theory behind it if you set your mind to it.
8. It’s all (insert government official’s name here)’s fault.
…if this fails, just hurl insults. Preferably fitting into one of the above categories. Or, you know, your mom jokes work too.
It reminds me of an xkcd: